Hidden Waterfall in Pai, Dog Included
Updated: Apr 13, 2020
A Jungle Trek to the Mae Yen Waterfall in Thailand
Mae Yen Waterfall Trail Facts:
- 3km away from downtown Pai by scooter
- About 3 hours of hiking each way
- About 30 river crossings
- Free entrance
- Dry season is November-February, and most recommend hiking during this time, though we hiked this in June and had no problems
- Bring water, food, bug repellant, sunscreen, and shoes that you can get wet
- Most of the trail is flat, with a very steep push at the end. Overall, moderate difficulty
How to get there: Follow the main road and cross the bridge. There is a four way fork in the road, and you will take the one that is second from the left. The path turns to dirt, and you can park your scooter off to the side. You'll be walking from here.
And so our jungle trek began!
While we were waiting for our friends at the trailhead, a dog came right up to us and said hello. There's lots of stray dogs in Thailand, but this one had a collar, and she looked well fed.
Much to our surprise, when we began taking the path to the waterfall, the dog started walking in front of us, leading the way.